QuickBooks is the top accounting software that is used by most of the small and medium-size business organizations. But being technical software, the user sometime encounter with technical glitches while using the software. One of the most common error is QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 that usually been occurred when the user try to open the company file of QuickBooks. No need to worry contact to our QuickBooks Customer Service Number Ireland +353-1442-8988where you will get reliable and cost-effective QuickBooks Support from our highly-skilled technicians.
Reasons for QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
- Due to corrupted or incorrect installation of QuickBooks software.
- Due to invalid entries in Windows Registry
- When the registry entry or the system files has been deleted accidently
- Due to malware or virus attack such error occurs.
- When the PC shut down inappropriately due to power failure
Simple Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
To get rid of unexpected error 5, the user need to follow the given methods, which are as follows-
1. Re-Create QuickBooks Company File User
- Delete the User
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to Company tab.
- Select the option -Set up Users and Roles.
- On User List section, select the user that you want to delete
- Click on Delete button and click Yes
- Re-Create the User
- Go to the Users and Roles page and select New.
- Enter the username and a new strong password.
- Set the roles for the user and press OK button.
2. Use QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair Damaged Company File
To fix unexpected QuickBooks error 5, download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor and use it to repair the damaged network and Company file. Which you can do by following steps-
- Open web browser and visit the official website of intuit.
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor from the website.
- When the download gets complete, check all the files and folders in the system and correct the hosting settings.
- Access the system through the Permission level setting using QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Repair and locate the damaged files in QuickBooks.
3. Install the Reimage Repair Tool
Use Reimage Repair Tool to scan the PC in order to detect the error which you can do in following manner-
- Download the Reimage Repair tool in your computer system.
- Go to the File menu and click Yes.
- Start automatic scan and un-tick to the checkbox
- Choose Install, the tool will start scanning automatically
- Now, click on Start Repair option.
- Restart QuickBooks and check if the error still exists.
4. Give Access to File Share
- Launch File Explorer, and right-click on the folder where your Company file is been saved.
- Go to Properties and then Sharing tab
- Select Partial or Full Sharing as per your need.
- Now, click on Apply and OK button.
We hope that the above-given solution will help you to easily fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5, however if you are still facing the same error then do not take tension just contact our QuickBooks Technical Helpline Number Ireland where you will get reliable solution for your issue. You can also connect to us through Live Chat Support. In case, we are unable to respond to your call or message, then visit our Contact page and fill your issue with Phone number and Email id. Our experts will try to reach as soon as possible in order to provide you efficient support.